Abdominal bloating normally occurs when our abdomens fill with air or even gas. It sometimes causes the area to appear larger than normal. The abdomen feels tight and hard to the touch. This condition causes discomfort and sometimes pain.
Causes of Bloating:
Some of the common causes of bloating and gas are as follows:
- Swallowing air.
- Eating in a hurry.
- Acid reflux.
- Use of certain medication.
- Use of sugar substitutes.
Chamomile relaxes the digestive system, and it contains anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties which relieve gas and bloating as well as heartburn, menstrual cramps, and joint pain.
- Take 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers and wash them properly with water.
- Add them in 1 cup boiling water.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain it and add honey as per taste.
- Sip it slowly.
Warm Lemon Water:
The acidity in lemon helps with accelerating the food digestion. And when food is broken down more efficiently, there will be less gas and bloating.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to a cup of hot water.
- Stir it well and drink this on empty stomach in the morning.
- Drink regularly to get rid of bloating.
Drinking jeera water is a great natural remedy to curb gas. “Jeera or cumin contains essential oils that stimulate the salivary glands which helps in better digestion of food and prevents the formation of excess gas,” says Dr. Sood.
- Take a tablespoon of cumin seeds and boil it in two cups of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool down, strain and drink the water after having your meals.”