Excessive belly fat might negatively affect your teenager’s self-esteem, but the risks of built-up fat in this area are more than skin deep. Belly fat can increase a teen’s risk of eventually developing heart disease and diabetes..
So if you are a teenage girl and trying hard to get rid of belly fat, you must follow and try these simple moves to turn flat belly.
1. Leg Raises With Hip Lifts:
How to Do:
- Lie down on your back with legs extended and hands by your side.
- Slowly raise your legs up until they reach vertical.
- Once they reach vertical, continue lifting until your hips also come off the ground.
- Then slowly bring your legs back down, but before they touch the ground, raise them back up again.
- Make sure you keep pushing your back into the ground so that it does not arch during the movement, and keep your abs tense throughout the whole set.
2. Ball Crunches:
This exercise ball, stability ball, balance ball and physio ball all mean the same. This will not only improve balance, coordination and stability. This exercise need a lot more muscles stabilization engages.
How To Do:
- Lie down on the ball so that the lower back is supported and feet are firmly planted on the ground.
- Place your hands on your chest or behind your head.
- Contract your abs and lift your torso up and forward. lower back down.
- The ball must remain stable during each contraction.
- Inhale as you lower back down, and exhale as you crunch.
- Perform 1-3 sets and repeat 12-16 times.
3. Flutter Kicks:
Abdominal flutter kicks predominantly targets your abdominal muscles, working the lower abs in particular. They are also a superb workout for your hip flexors, where a large extent of the effect is felt when you are performing repetitions. Your middle and upper abs will also feel stimulation from this exercise and you will get a great overall workout by including this movement into your overall abdominal training routine. Performing the abdominal flutter kicks near the end of a workout will also improve your endurance levels.
How To Do:
- Lie on your back with your head and shoulders lifted off the floor and your hands behind your head.
- With both legs extended and toes pointed lift your right leg off the floor.
- And raise your left leg just a few inches off the ground.
- Drop your right leg swiftly down so that it hovers a few inches off the ground.
- And simultaneously raise your left leg up towards the ceiling.
- Without pause, alternate back and forth.
- Up and down on each leg is one repetition. Aim for 6 – 8 repetitions.
4. Wide-Leg Cross Sit Ups:
How To Do:
- Lie flat on the ground with your legs spread out wide.
- Powerfully contract your core, raise your torso, and touch your right hand to your left foot.
- Return to the bottom. Extend your arms long over your head and stretch out your core; immediately crunch up and touch the ground in between your feet.
- Return to the bottom a 3rd time. Repeat the motion, touching your left hand to your right foot.
- Continue to alternate left, middle, right.