Oh, if only tightening your thighs came down to performing a few targeted exercises. Whether it’s for bikini season or so you can simply wear shorts again with confidence, tightening up your fatty and loose thighs requires a combination of strength training exercises and regular cardio. Strength training will tone the underlying muscles surrounding the knees and thigh bones.
If you are new to exercise, practice strength training exercises only with your own body weight. As you grow stronger, consider holding on to light dumbbells to increase the intensity of each exercise.
Target your quads, glutes, and hamstrings. Start off by placing your feet about shoulder width apart. While keeping your balance, sink your butt down in a sitting position at 90 degrees. While squatting at 90 degrees try to have majority of your weight on your heels. When squatting back up, push off your heels back to the standing position. If you are at home I suggest doing 3×25.
Target your quads, glutes, and hamstrings as well. While performing this exercise, you can either do walking lunges while alternating legs or static lunges in place. If your doing walking lunges, I suggest doing 3-4 sets of 25 yards. If you are doing static lunges, perform 3×25 on each leg.
Ball Leg Lift:
- Get into the side lying position.
- Place a large Swiss ball in between your feet. Now slowly lift the ball up towards the ceiling using only your hips. Return to the start position. This completes your one repetition.
- Do 3 sets of 5 repetitions initially and gradually increase your repetitions, once your body gets used to it.
As you try to keep the ball in place, your muscles will have to work harder. So in this way, swiss ball makes this exercise a bit more challenging. This will tone not only your inner thighs but your core also.
3. Leg Circles:
- Lay on your back with your legs straight out in front of you on the floor. Place your arms on the floor at your sides for stability.
- Lift your right leg until it is about six inches off of the floor.
- Point your toe and draw five small circles clockwise.
- Switch directions and draw five small circles counterclockwise.
- Slowly lower your leg back to the floor. Repeat with the opposite leg.